I'm a couple of weeks into my second trimester, now. I'm finally beginning to feel somewhat human again. Luckily I don't spend all day, everyday nauseous anymore! I'm only getting nauseous when my stomach gets empty or when I get too hot. My energy level is also slowly improving - I can stay up past 8pm, now!
It's so hard to believe that the little peanut we saw on the ultrasound a month ago is now the size of an apple. I'm just starting to show (the extra padding that I have has delayed this process) but not even close to maternity clothes, yet. You can especially tell when I am lying on my back. I definitely have a baby bump, then! A little over a week ago I started feeling some movement...it basically felt like someone tapping me from the inside. No flutters or butterflies, yet, but this should start in the next couple of weeks!
I had the joy of going to the hospital yesterday to see my best friend's newborn baby, Addison. She's beautiful and Lisa was a champ as this is baby #3 for her. She only had to push for 7 minutes! That was one ripe baby! :) As I was sitting there holding her I couldn't help but think about what our baby is going to look like. Whose hands will he/she have? Whose hair? Whose nose? I'm getting excited and I have so long to wait! Even though it seems like an eternity before the baby will be here, the last couple of months (though gruelling) have gone by quickly and I know the rest of it will, too. As difficult as some parts of this pregnancy have been, I'm really trying to enjoy the entire experience. I have to admit...I'm not so sad the puking is over!
Love the new baby app!
ReplyDeleteAlso: found a book for Justin- "What to expect when you're wife's expanding." A month by month guide to "What your wife might complain about" and "How to avoid sympathetic pregnancy."