Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Anticipation

It's a strange thing. You spend the first, well in my case, 11 years of your "life" trying NOT to get pregnant. You do everything you can to avoid the "blessed event" and have no qualms about it. You're relieved on a monthly basis (for a few minutes anyway) when you get your period knowing that you avoided an unplanned pregnancy. Then...

You start trying to have a baby and you have to reverse your entire way of thinking that has become SO ingrained in your way of life. Suddenly you're NOT concerned about becoming pregnant and you WANT to miss your period. WTF?! NOT NORMAL!!!

All this to say that tomorrow is the day that I'm expecting Aunt Flo, and for the first time I'm actually hopeful she doesn't come. Justin and I agreed that in light of pregnancy tests being so damn expensive we're going to wait until I'm a week late before we acutally utilize the test that is currently sitting in my bathroom cabinet. Time will tell, and I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment